Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Loton Thank You

IanJ

A very big thank you to everybody that offered advice, support and kind words after our incident at the weekend.

Debbie is fine and just has a slightly stiff thumb/wrist.

The car is booked in for a visit to Arch at the end of this month, so we still hope to make Curborough.

Before I start shopping at www.easycomposites.co.uk, does anybody have a recommendation for a professional carbon fibre repairer that would make a neater job of things than I'm likely to? The nosecone and wing look salvageable.

• Support Team

Glad to hear that Debbie is fine and that you should get the car back on the road soon.

Black duct tape will do the job - it's held my car together for years *rofl*

Personally, I'd give it a go using fibreglass mat and resin on the inside of the wing/nosecone - that will at least hold them together. The important bit is to make sure the surface is really clean and well keyed to give the resin the best chance of bonding. Dave Gemzoe helped me with a rear wing that was basically destroyed and we got it to stay together until I hit another cone with it!

Or you can start the path to downgraditus - the realisation that carbon is too expensive for a track car and fibreglass is the future *hehe*