Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fuel tank seal for K seires fuel pump assembly

Anyone know of a reliable source for nitrile (Buna N) sheet in order to make a new one please....?

Last material I bought was apparently suitable for 'full immersion in fuel'........... it seems however this fuel must have been for powering a waterwheel as it's crumbled away in unleaded and is utter shite. 

I know one of he suppliers used to make a decent replacement for the 'spoke' type rover version.... but I cant remember who...?

*wavey* 

James Whiting made a replacement gasket, that did not have the cut out for the castellations on the Rover tank.  Shaped like a polo mint with the bolt holes.  This was to stop the issue of the rivnuts being pulled out by over tightning with the cut out in the gasket.  I had a series of nightmares, with failing gaskets, knackered inserts and fuel leaks, finally solved when I rebuilt the car a couple of years ago, I replaced the steel inserts in the tank with my JW gasket.  

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - but I bought the penultimate one a couple of years ago.  But I made a template before I fitted it incase I need  to make another from nitrile rubber or similar.  I can send a photo and the dimensions etc so you can cut one from nitrile?