Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Diesel additives

Wrightpayne

I know lots of crossflow / BDR owners use fuel additives, however, does anyone use them in diesel?

I've beed trying to use vpower diesel in my VW Transporter as it is purported to help prevent DPF / EGR problems.

The additives claim to do the same ie raise cetane, burn better and cleaner. Looking at Millers.

The cost of additives is considerably less than V Power - 3p per litre Vs 17p per litre (over cost of standard diesel)

Any insight / comments?

Ian

I used to put archoil ar6400D-max professional in my old citroen van approx every 4000-5000 miles. It definitely used to run smoother and egr seemed to keep fairly clean. Had over 200,000 on the clock when I sold it and was still on the original turbo. My mechanic recommended it to me.

I have been adding 200/1 low ash mineral oil 2 Stroke to all my Diesel cars for over 20 years.   The engines run cleaner, more mpg and smoother.  Loads of research done by Mercedes and Rover if you search the Web.  I use standard Sainsburys fuel and Comma Low ash Mineral 2 stroke 300ml to a tank in my BMW 330D,