Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Radiator Top Hose Replacement

Bricol

Seeing as my top hose has been on the car since it was built ages and ages ago and now looks like the one I took of a 1976 Dolomite Sprint a few years ago that had also been on since new, it looks like I need a new, crack and craze free top hose.

The Caterham is 2001 K-series - any suggestions as to where to get a slightly longer lasting version?

Bri

(can you tell I'm not too impressed?)

I'm looking at getting a set of black silicone hoses made up for my 1800K series. Local dealer (Walkers at South Otterington near Thirsk)has sent pictures of the original hoses off to Samco to see if they have the required parts (none of their advertised kits seem to have the right number or shapes of hose) estimate about 5 weeks for delivery.

1400/1600 kit was around £122+vat (4 hoses) 1600/1800 dry sump was around £188+vat but some of the hoses were a different length to the ones I have.

Edited by - Grim Reaper on 27 Mar 2003 14:17:25

I fitted a complete set of Samco hoses to my Cossie four years ago, everything was replaced, turbo, coolant, vacuum etc. Cost a small fortune but they are still like brand new now, and my engine is running 300BHP so puts a strain on such things as hoses etc.

Couple of tips, when you fit them use good quality stainless steel clips and smear a tiny amount of vaseline onto the mating surfaces. This will stop any leaking as silicone hoses are not so soft as rubber hoses and hence do not always compensate for irregularities in surface finish.

To clean just simply wipe over with a wet cloth.

You won't be disappointed.

Oh forgot to say, they look good to!

Phil *cool* *cool* *cool* *cool*