Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

A Real Virtual Blat

Laurence Wilson

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found a way of cheating, go into the skid pan and set a race for 5 laps with 3 or more opponents. When the race starts it says that the opponents cant find a track or something similar and so never actually start. Do this a few times and it unlocks the cars

You're only suppose to blow the blo*dy doors off *wink*

For those who do have trouble with frame rates, I've managed to get the game running respectfully on my laptop with 800 mhz Pentium 3, 128 meg of ram and a 16 meg graphics card. If it helps anyone, here are the graphics settings I use.

Don't worry about what the settings do if you don't know, just replicate them in your copy of the game by following MAIN MENU; OPTIONS; GRAPHICS. Make life easier for yourself by leaving this open while running the game in a window. You can select that from the list on the right of graphics menu, BTW. Just be sure to select a full screen resolution from the list available in the graphics menu before you race. I use 640 x 480 while online and 800 x 600 offline.

User LOD = 0.60

Dust LOD = 0.40

Mirror LOD = 0.10

Screen Width Affects LOD = NO

Mip Bias = -2.00

Mirror Mode = Real

Clocks Mode = Real

Shadow Type = Low Res

Simple Wheels = Mirror

Disable Trees = Mirror

Disable Flags = Mirror

Simple Car = Mirror

Simple Track = Off

Highlights On Wheels = Off

Enable Dither = On

Enable Mip Filter = On

Use 2X Textures = Off

Use Multitexturing = Off

Half Texture Size = On

If you follow MAIN MENU; OPTIONS; MISC there are some further graphics options. Again, my choices are:

Full Screen Vertical Sync = Off

Screen Lock = Off

Limit Frame Rate In Game = 50 fps

Screen Clear Type = Ellipsoid (You may wish to try Plain Sky)

Max Texture Size = 512 Pixels

Hoopy, I noticed on Cam 7 you pointed out how the game offered little feedback (?). I think you said something along the lines of the physics seeming good, but the game itself lacked any real feeling. Well, it may not go so far as to address the issue entirely, but you can alter the way in which you view your race from MAIN MENU; OPTIONS; VIEW.

Here you can change the field of view and the way the drivers head (or your in car camera) moves while experiencing 'g'. I suggest you change these values from inside the car so you can view adjustments as you make them. Hit the escape key while on track ...

FWIW I've moved the FOV back to 115 deg and also turned the look function to steer. With the look sensitivity set to 1.05 the drivers head now looks left and right as I steer; in other words I can now check the left and mirror as I turn left.

I also recommend manual gears. They make the game much easier to use. The auto box is bollox *eek*!

For those who do choose to race online, if you follow MAIN MENU; OPTIONS; GAME; F1 - F12 you can create some pre set taunts, insults, appologies and jibes for use with the F* keys.

What a load of 🙆🏻.

Peardrop

Edited by - Peardrop on 1 Apr 2003 18:58:54

• 1 year later...