Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

ACES Display Mount

oz_speed

How do you run the display plug in to the dash or how is the factory wire run.  I am not keen on drilling a hole in the scuttle panel top.

if anybody has photo or can tell me how the factory do it., or how have you retro fitted yours

thx in advance 

• Leadership Team

I had the same issue when fitting an ACES unit to my old car, in the end I drilled a hole through the mounting bracket and scuttle the same diameter as the cable, un-soldered the display, and re-soldered everything after fitting .... madness!!!

In my current car I just drilled the big hole needed to thread the plug through using a step drill.  In the photo it's the big hole above the "keep" marker together with the smaller holes for the bracket. The big hole top left is the wiper hole. The "keep" marker was just information for the body shop to show which holes were to be retained!

If you drill the big hole you'll need to remove the screen first, you can probably see in the photo the marks where the screen was fitted.

Edited to add ... if you have the ACES supplied mounting bracket it's sized to fit on a horizontal scuttle, Caterham can supply an asymmetrical bracket which allows for the slight slope in line with the steering wheel.

Stu.

419F4D63-6EB9-4795-9C21-FAB13E84D2FF.jpeg.ce2cdce904380ba7f3b2e641f4f79653.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...