Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Cycle wing fitting kit?

Nick Bassett

• Area Representative

Hi folks,

Thinking of fitting some unpainted carbon front cycle wings to my 7, however I can't seem to find an appropriate fitting kit or hardware kit on the Caterham Online Store.

I'm keen to use the traditional bolts as fitted when the car was built, not to go down the bonding route - could I perhaps use existing bolts? I guess Chris at Redline will be worth a call to see if he has the correct kit.

Finally any hints or tips you have for fitting new cycle wings to existing stays would be good to read.

Thanks,

Nick

Nick,

I swapped the chrome plated bolts supplied with the kit for stainless dome head allen bolts. I used a small grommet cut in half under the head of the bolt and a bit of bicycle inner tube between the wingstay and wing so the wing is effectively clamped between two bits of rubber rather than rigidly. Then stainless nyloc nut underneath.

Ian

• Area Representative

Thanks both.

Do Caterham not sell a fixing kit for front wings now? Are all modern 7s sold with bonded front wings?

Ian - don't suppose you know the sizes of the dome head bolts and grommet do you? Also was your source Ebay?