Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Crossflow - oil pressure warning light wiring

Most (if not all) crossflow sevens did not have a warning light as standard, just a pressure gauge as far as I know.  If this is wired in the normal way then as you say one wire on the bulb will be 12V feed and the other wire will go to the pressure switch on the engine (the switch provides the earth which is switched off when pressure is high enough).  Check the colour of the wire on the switch - the other one will be the 12V feed.  At a guess I would say the black is earth (switch) and the black/white is feed

Wiring for original illuminated electric gauge. R/W daisy chains along the instrument light connections. Green is the live that daisy chains along the instruments. I've had a quick scan of the wiring diagram (Jan 88) and it looks like white at the ignition and green off the fuse. 

R/W is the standard colour for the panel lights and on older systems Green is the live feed to the instruments that comes from the voltage stabilizer (supplies a steady 10V) .  Cannot see a voltage stabilizer on the post '87 diagram but may have missed it.

Anyway none of this helps the OP as he is asking about an oil pressure warning light  *wink*