Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SLR wheels and ACB10s

V7 SLR

I've got 2 complete sets of SLR wheels shod with ACB10s for sale. One set of ACB10s are suitable for track days only. The other set still have a decent amount of road legal tread left on them.

£800 for the set with decent tyres

£600 for the other set

Nig - 07973 347791

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Edited by - V7 SLR on 27 Mar 2003 12:31:06

I'm currently using one of the sets mentioned above but something else in mind. Need to sell these to pay for the new ones.

The style of the ones above are as fitted to all SLRs - 5 spoke centres, spun alloy rims.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Unfortunately I've no idea about their weight. They're all shod with tyres at the moment so I can't give you a wheel-only weight. I can give you a wheel+tyre weight if interested but our bathroom scales can't be relied on for accuracy.

Nig - I'm getting a little confused as to how many wheels you actually have. Do you have two pairs or 2 sets?....and what diameter are the SLR wheels? 15inch by any chance? Oh yes, and do you know if all DeDion cars will accept the wheels ie one that takes Prisoner wheels ok.

Ken

Ken, I think he has two sets of SLR wheels, both with ACB 10s, one with good tyres, the other with track day ones. Both sets, being SLR rims will be 13 inches in diameter, 7 inch wide at the front (ISTR) 9 at the back or therabouts. Both sets have rolled rims and are two piece, with the centre being black with 5 spokes. They will fit any de dion Caterham with no problems AFAIK...hope that clears up the confusion 😬

Ken, Mark's right. I have 2 complete sets of SLR wheels and tyres (not 2 pairs as I originally stated - now changed, thanks for notifying me *thumbup*). To be specific:

Set 1

2 x front = 6.5" x 13" split rim wheel, rolled edge (brand new rims), black centre, 2 x 7.0/21.0-13 ACB10 A33 compound good road legal condition

2 x rear 8.5" x 13" split rim wheel, rolled edge, black centre, 2 x 8.0/22.0-13 ACB10 A33 compound good road legal condition

Set 2

2 x front = 6.5" x 13" split rim wheel, rolled edge, blue centre, 2 x 7.0/21.0-13 ACB10 A33 compound not road legal any more

2 x rear 8.5" x 13" split rim wheel, rolled edge, blue centre, 2 x 8.0/22.0-13 ACB10 A33 compound not road legal any more

These will fit the PCD of any current de Dion axled Caterham but you may need to check the clearance of the rear wheels with your anti-roll bar (which can be relocated if necessary I believe).

Edited by - V7 SLR on 27 Mar 2003 12:30:15

Thank you for that clarification Mark and Nig.

I was looking for something lighter to replace my Prisoners fitted with S02 Potenzas (list 1A) which of course are 15inch. If I went for your SLR wheels I'd also have to buy some 13inch RE720's ie more cost.

So I think I'll have to pass on this occasion, but thank you anyway.

Ken

Hiya,

On reflection I'm after 4 6 - 7" light wheels for my car - I think 9" on the rear would leave it a little over tired. Thanks for the info anyway. Good luck I am sure someone will bite.

Greg, Q 86 NTM (Green 185BHP XF)

If anyone's intrested, the rears weigh 8Kg including worn ACB10, according to my luggage scales.

Can't remember what the fronts were but I dont think they were much less.

Edited by - Clive on 28 Mar 2003 14:12:13

The difference between worn and new ACB10's was immeasurable on our rather optimistic bathroom scales. The difference between the front and rears was a little less than a kilo but I wouldn't take my scales as recommendation as they think I'm 90Kg. *eek*

Well, as a realistic price for the good set would cost you about £250 more, I have to say no. I'd rather actually use them until these tyres are illegal and then sell the wheels for the same price as the other set with the illegal tyres later in the year.