Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

NGK's

prs

I'm about to change the plugs in my 1.6SS, anybody know the difference with the following. NGK R BCPR7ES and NGK BCP7ES. The ones that came out are the latter and I just want to check whether the R rated ones are ok before I fit them, are they just simply a wider temperature range? thanks for any advice

Phil *confused*

: NGK "R" or resistor spark plugs use a 5k ohm ceramic resistor in the spark plug to suppress ignition noise generated during sparking.

NGK strongly recommends using resistor spark plugs in any vehicle that uses on-board computer systems to monitor or control engine performance. This is because resistor spark plugs reduce electromagnetic interference with on-board electronics.

They are also recommended on any vehicle that has other on-board electronic systems such as engine-management computers, two-way radios, GPS systems, depth finders or whenever recommended by the manufacturer.

In fact, using a non-resistor plug in certain applications can actually cause the engine to suffer undesirable side effects such as an erratic idle, high-rpm misfire, engine run-on, power drop off at certain rpm levels and abnormal combustion.

Power Freak member!