Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1993 Super Sprint

robert green

I have Super Sprint running its original Bilstein suspension (blue springs up front, progressives at the rear), which I think was a package developed with HBE and Bilstein back in the day. I am sure after 40k miles they have seen better days and am wondering whether to replace like for like, or "speak to Simon". The car has always had a lovely balance, and replicating that with a little more control over the bumps is all I am really looking for. Is there anyone who has refreshed their original set up, and can comment on how they found it?  I don't have adjustable platforms, but again assume Jez Coates etc were better at setting up the car than I would be, and have never had an issue with ground clearance, and the car has a nice stance. My car now runs a zetec, but the weight difference over the xflow seems negligible...

New Bilsteins at £130?, I've had 2 sets rebuilt at Bilsteins, one like yours, due to age, I'd bought them 15 years ago, marked difference when returned, 2nd because one of my rears lost its ability to rebound....