Click here if you are having website access problems ×

620 Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge

Drsharpe

Hello, 

Just wondering if anyone had fitted this, or something similar, to a 620 and how it had gone? 

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/demon-tweeks-caterham-mechanical-oil-pressure-gauge-kit-moccat3/

I hate how unreliable the factory fitted one it, and having spoken to the manufacturer, there isnt a way to 'fix' it, so looking at fitting a mechanical one instead (or anything that works really)

Thanks

Dave 

DT Linky

Does the 620 have the same oil pressure sensor and take-off point as other Duratecs?  I'd imagine so but stand to be corrected.

In 2016, I fitted the same Caerbont OPG100 gauge to my R400D (except that the dial was white to match my silver-dial ones).  I bought it as a kit from Think Automotive:

MOPGkitfromThinkAutomotive_20160706.thumb.jpg.4e9d197ffdd603eb6e33fde170bb64c9.jpg

The cost back then was £42 with L7C discount.  It was very straightforward to fit, although I did run the gauge line in nylon tubing for extra protection.  The results were excellent, with instant and reassuring pressure readings.

The DT kit is certainly more comprehensive than my set-up as it includes a low-pressure warning light and braided hoses.

JV