RESOLVIWOLF

Overview

Caterham Superlight R

Official factory Built SLR (number 90)

Caterham Yellow

8000 miles

W reg (registered August 2000)

Specification

Official superlight R spec (i.e. widetrack, uprated brakes, adjustable suspension, cf dash etc..). plus lots of nice goodies:

later 192bhp VHPD spec (straighter manifold etc..)

R500 kevlar race seats

Apollo tank (anti-cavitation)

Plumbed in fire extinguisher

Heater

Cut off switch

aeroscreen

full weather (doors/roof/windscreen)

tonneau

honeycomb protection

throttle&clutch stops

side protection bar

FIA roll bar

Avon ACB10's

History

I acquired the car as second owner at 3000 miles and over 70% of my mileage has been road use. Formely, the car was professionally looked after by Hyperion Motorsport and then under my ownership, by Caterham Cars at Dartford. It had a £300 service 500 miles ago, meticulously looked after, lots of TLC, oil changes, wd40 etc. and regularly checked over by myself mechanically both inside and out. The engine has just been fully refreshed/rebuilt ready for several years road and track usage before another inspection.

If you are seriously interested then please email me or call on 0788 785 2513: richard@jackals-forge.com

PRICE: £22,500

these details and pictures can also be seen at:

http://www.jackals-forge.com/slr/slr.html

Guys, i'm seriously selling this car and need to do so sometime in the near future so i'd appreciate it if this thread stayed on topic i.e. about the sale. If you want to ask/raise a ton of tangential issues then elsewhere if you dont mind.

thanks

Hey Rich, hows it hanging?

Fancy finding you lurking here... I thought you had sold the 'R' a last summer, obviously not! If I hear of anyone looking I will let you know.

Glenn

soon to be R300

Before buying your M5, if used, ask for the history on the Vanos unit and start from cold and listen for any severe tapping noises for the first few seconds. You will recognise the noise, it's just like someone left spanner under the cam covers!

My new M5 spent a total of 3 months of 2 yrs ownership in the dealers workshop due to faults! Great allround car when it was ok though.

more than i was looking to pay. 20k max here...

sounds like a well kitted car though? does it have black carbon wings and nose band?

cheers mark

😬

Come do Jersey hillclimb! Anyone selling a superlight?

Mark, for 20k you're better looking out for a nice superlight. Most SLR's that i've seen under 20k are either very shagged/old, not proper factory superlights or ex-racers. Inlcluding the cars on caterhams website, my slr is arguably the best specced and best condition one currently for sale in the uk, especially as its quite late date of registration.

You could get a real top notch SL for under 17/18k and then spend a few thousand on it tuning and adding a few trick bits. Of course it still won't have an SLR plaque on it though. 😬

Chaos, thanks for the info. I think i read about your experiences on PH. Ill be getting BMW to check teh car over and provide warranty when i eventually buy. I think with a lump that expensive you definitely full manufacturer support. *thumbup*

Jackal,

Thanks alot for your advise. It was what i was heading for in the first place but i was just curious about your car and bored surfin the net so i posted something. Thanks alot

mark *thumbup*

Come do Jersey hillclimb! Anyone selling a superlight?