Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Starter for raceline sump to type 9 bellhousing

John Gaines

I have just fitted a Raceline sump to my 20l zetec with a type 9 alloy bellhousing. The Brise starter fouls the bottom of the sump.  Can anyone give the part code of a starter that would fit? The ring gear is 18mm back from the face of the housing.

Regards Jon

Hi Jon you don't seem to have much response to your question, so here goes, my starter motor arrived damaged and needed a new solenoid, now from what I can find in my records the following part numbers for the motors are the same thing, my set up is basically the same as yours Raceline alloy sump and I have the alloy bell housing. The starter motor to suit would be from a Sierra, or 2l Granada.

If you search Delco Remy DRS 3468, or Lucas LRS 00707, you will probably get a good hit rate, with a zillion different numbers for the same thing from different manufacturers.

Im not sure what brand mine is, and the info plate is on the wrong side as it's fitted. The engine I have is a crate engine DOHC  2L 16v  supposedly for 2009 Focus, but I can't  confirm that, as there aren't any numbers on it, hope this is of assistance.

Regards.

Nigel.