Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Seatbelt removal?

DerekH

• Area Representative

Hi,

First post here. Bought a 270S back in November 2020, only managed 200 miles so far.

I am fitting harness's to my 270S SV and cant see an obvious way of getting to the inertia reel units to remove them.

I've had a look at the build manual but it didn't offer any clues.

Any advise please

Thanks. Derek

• Area Representative

Hi Steve, thank you for the quick answer

I think I saw that while I was under the car yesterday.  I had to remove the rear spring/damper units to access the roll bar mounting. 

I could leave them in place if I use longer bolts.  If you remove them what goes in the top mounting point where the belt would come across your shoulder?

Derek

• Area Representative

"If you remove them what goes in the top mounting point where the belt would come across your shoulder?"

Nothing. If you want to blank It off and make it look a bit smarter you can fit a nice bolt (7/16 unf) or a plastic fir tree fastener. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=fir+tree+fasteners&adgrpid=52766732626&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0aPB6I_s7gIVCZntCh3OCweDEAAYASAAEgIQr_D_BwE&hvadid=259042786240&hvdev=t&hvlocphy=9046605&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=12118411668176466358&hvtargid=kwd-313681107309&hydadcr=6822_1812703&tag=googhydr-21&ref=pd_sl_1hlx8hv7g1_e

• Area Representative

Having had a look at the panel to remove them I think they will be staying in with the harness's in addition for a while.

Thanks for your answers

Derek