Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Using ACF 50

MarkD

Having seen the use of ACF50 mentioned on a number of posts, is there anything to be wary of when applying it, I assume keeping it clear of brakes is one but what about any exposed electrical components? Also can it be used on pretty much any surface, metal, rubber tubes etc.

Thanks

Just been doing mine today with acf 50. With engine out makes it nice n easy. I cleaned out the grot from near the footwells then gave everywhere a good clean, covered wheels and radiator and sprayed everywhere. Definitely put the can in a jug of hot water first so it's more of a mist than a foam when it comes out, stuff goes everywhere, every nook and cranny. Looks a bit gooey when done but I left it about an hour or so then went over with a microfibre cloth to smarten it up, looks good and hopefully is doing good. Will do rear tomorrow.

I stand the can on the radiator to warm it up, with the straw on you can blast up the grout trap and cost the lower 2" of the inner panels until it runs out underneath.

Wipe excess off after at least 24hrs - it penetrates between the skin and chassis nicely.

I spray onto a cloth and wipe other vulnerable areas as the mist as mentioned above does get wayward !

Cans work far better than the Dinitrol ones - which both failed on me after only a cpuple of minutes use ! *censored*