Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Protech Shocks/Springs

420R

I'm looking to fit a Protech kit to my new Super Seven.

Which in effect is a 2020 270 chassis.  

Can anyone advise an optimum set up for fast road work?  I'm thinking 250lb front and 150lb rears.

What's needed is the full dimensions of the dampers/springs so that Protech can supply 4 complete bolt on units. However I'm thinking that all new 270/310/360/420 S3 chassis are the same? Am I missing something?! 

Help!

Think you will find Kevin @ Protech is very knowledgeable on damper set up, and knows there are several lengths options so simply asks for confirmation.

He built me a cracking set for my Inboard with rears to match, he builds them t order based on your requirements, I had a long conversation with him for mine and supplied all the key data, as front clearance is close he posted a dummy damper down to double check everything prior to building them.

Top bloke  *thumbs_up_thumb*

There is a multitude of Caterham's and a multitude of models.

I suspect my car is not as a 620R.

I'm satisfied that they can provide a decent product.  Their reviews seem to reinforce this.

I'd go to Meteor Motorsport but cannot justify £3k plus unfortunately.

Or I could get these....

https://trackformula.co.uk/product/caterham-wide-track-de-dion-post96-nitron-street-series-suspension-kit/

• Leadership Team

I have Nitron NTR1's on my Caterham but have Protech one-way adjustables on my Mini and they're very good, at the price they're hard to better. I think given the choice between the Nitron Street Series and the Protechs I'd probably get the Protechs.

Stu.

Couple of points.  

These days all rear dampers are the same length.

Front dampers only differ between narrow and wide track.

Spring rates need to take into account the above, engine/weight, power, use and of course the damper spec/valving.

Nitron Street Series are no longer available for the Caterham.

Nitron NTR1 are not £3k. They are £1457.00 + vat  With our spec.

I can sell them in Nitron Spec for RRP £1325 + vat but in 11 years I have never had anyone ask for the regular setup.

I have 130lb on the back and 200lb on the front with Protech, car is only used on the road and I've been very happy with them. Unfortunately I can't remember what length springs or dampers I went for. If they know it is for a Caterham they will valve them accordingly. *thumbs_up_thumb*

Ivan

#3 - I can vouch for Kevin as well, the quality of the product and value for money

I went down to the factory on a Friday afternoon with old dampers and springs in hand back in 2017 and he knocked me a full set of damper and springs at very reasonable price - single adjusters for road use - I went for 250 Ib on front and 150Ib rears and have been very pleased with them (they were replacing 300ib front/200Ib rears, which I found a bit solid for road use).

They are on a 1992 1400 Supersport