Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1997 S3 Ford X-flow - Heater

rayjackson1950

• Leadership Team

I freely confess to being a wimp.  I do have a heater, though I can't remember ever using it.  Only there for my wife's comfort, you understand.  Nowt to do with me.  Honest.

Anyway, "any mug can rough it".

*nerd*

Ah! Alan "Toughie" you mean that when the wife is aboard you are not allowed to use the revs to generate sufficent heat. My SWMBO also says I am a mug to spend as much as I do on my 7 - it's only a car why d o you need to f ix s omething that isn't broken- bless them 

Hi Ian

Thanks for the link, I now have an original heater sitting on my bench all cleaned up ready to start fitting.

The link you gave me is a guy from Guildford who bought a load of gear when Midlands Caterham shut up shop and as he is not working much is now sorting what he has got and selling it. He dropped off to me en-route to deliver to someone else.

Hopefully, I just need the hoses and engine threaded connectors, which will probably both be Redline items.

• Area Representative

As an all year user, I wouldn't be without a heater and I want a more powerful one.  I might add a heated seat liner too.

My '96 Crossflow car always had the plastic bodied version, I'm now on the second of these as the body isn't a long life version.