Click here if you are having website access problems ×

JWM brakes

p.mole1

It's an odd fact having dealt with many angry people over the years I truly believe in kharma, that your words come back to you.

Take the "Arthur Daly" (showing my age) character who tried to sell me a Caterham locally, father and son business, son embarrassed at his Dad's "I am Mr Lotus" attitude whilst failing to answer basics like "has the timing belt been changed?" -end result no sale- I bought elsewhere even though it was very much harder.

I also see that many people behind a keyboard become many things, falsely brave and mixing opinions with facts sometimes.

None of us wants to be belittled or put down and I congratulate all on this site (unlike many others) for their good attitude and helpfulness even in the middle of my dumbest Q&A muddling. Also the excellent hard work done by moderators.

Perhaps its a salient time to reflect on the horrendous year many have suffered and acknowledge the stresses both hidden and open in the final crazy run up to Christmas.

Thanks for your camraderie in my first years membership and hope 2021 turns out safer for all.  

I used to have equivalent discs made for the front of the AP Caterham setup.

It made sense as a business and I could sell them at £175 a pair plus vat.

I had to order 120 discs at a time mind you and this stock would last somewhere near 3 years even with Race teams in the Mag 7 series able to use them.  All the other race cars are unable to as they are not AP/Caterham genuine parts.

Note above it had to make a business sense.

When others joined the market and started selling pairs of discs at a cost where a profit could still be made but not one worth investing in I stopped offering them.

If there was demand for the discs again I would be willing to order them again on a not for profit basis to club members.

I would be willing to show my direct costs for the discs and not add any overhead costs.

I suspect the cost per pair would be around the £80/pair ex vat and shipping.

In order that this would be open and visible I suggest someone else takes the lead in ordering a bulk buy.

"Gary , do you really think that's it's Jack's business?"

I had no reason to believe otherwise, are you saying that's not the case? 

Your question has prompted me to have a (slightly) closer look though so I've just had a look at the Web page and Facebook page.  It states that it's his and he mentions his motorsport degree (in prog) so it seems perfectly reasonable to assume he's got a little motorsport venture. 

Regardless of whether or not that is the case (and I'm happy to be told it's not if you know better) going after it and attacking it to cause problems would be the actions of a pretty unpleasant/vindictive person wouldn't it?

I remember Arnie being on here and I didn't particularly take to him.  I have however seen some pretty crappy behaviour from plenty on here that goes completely unchecked.  Some of the attacks on him when he was here also seemed unjustified.  Blatchat has a nasty little clique at the moment that is pretty clear to even a casual observer.  

It would be impressive for an undergraduate to develop, engineer, manufacture, procure, sell and run a website selling bespoke parts. Not saying it’s impossible, but feels a tall order as well as studying and financing a degree. I recall  Arnie doing bulk buys if the track rods ends several years ago, so I suspect the TRE and the bits are things Arnie looked at some years ago.

What I find uncomfortable is the conflict of interest between the Facebook groups and JWM, whilst running the FB traders page and banning competitors who either compete or just fall out of favour.

The other day I was going to post on here outlining my own experience with Arnie and JWM. But then I thought better of it - it really isn't any of my business that people are sucked into dealing with him. All I will say is that I feel very uncomfortable with their engineering competence. That's after he contacted me to try and get some basic information (he couldn't work out how to do a half shift for the Sadev neutral selection).  Their Products are simply copied, or rebranded, and are put together with little engineering knowledge, or testing.  In his eyes, if you are not complementing him on his exploits, or actively supporting him, you are a threat to him.  I have now been banned from his FB pages along with a long list of others involved in the industry.

Edited on 6/2/21 due to breach of BCCoC

Gary I ve been on here long enough to know the full story and been attacked many times because I dont slavishly praise the Webbs from the roof tops. It doesn't help my case because I also advocate using business run by either properly trained engineers or people who's knowledge has been gain after years of successful Motorsport activity. These people have fallen foul of Mr Webb in the past usually because hes fitted their parts incorrectly and he has to blame someone for a failure.

It's a real shame because Arnie has a huge amount knowledge of about our wonderful cars . Sadly his ego bigger