Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Powerflex bushes (again!)

don_g

Hi All,  I'm fitting Powerflex bushes throughout my BDR Seven that I built way back in 1991.  I'd appreciate some help from this excellent forum.  

All is going well apart from a problem with the rear upper wishbone bush.  

All the diagrams I've seen show a bush for this upper wishbone has a 3/8" bore and requires a PF908-904.  However, this rear upper bore is 1/2"!   All upper and lower wishbone bores are 1/2" (and use a PF8-901) except for the upper wishbone front (which uses a PF8-902 and the included special 3/8" bolt).  

There is nowhere to fit the PF908-904 bush and it appears to be redundant on my Seven!  

I'd appreciate your thoughts...

Many thanks, Don

I now have a result!  Simon at Meteor Motorsport (what a knowledgeable guy!) has solved the problem; there really is no-where to fit the PF8-904 on a 1991 Caterham.

Powerflex's diagram for the Imperial, non-watts linkage Caterham is incorrect as it doesn't include a 'pre 1996 chassis which, like mine, has the front, rear wishbone bush pivoting on a 1/2" bolt.  PF8-901 is required in this position.

Thanks so much to Simon at Meteor for solving the problem.  I wish I'd bought all my Powerflex bearings from him - it would have saved me a lot of trouble.