Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Which tool do I need to raise suspension?

7oaks

I have a 420R 2016 SV which currently has ground clearance of 70mm riding on 13" wheels.  I would like a centimeter or 2 more, already scraped a speed bump!

I have the adjustable suspension, wondered what the correct (or alternative) tool is to wind it up?

Thx

David

I got chastised for using two screwdrivers with the ends chopped off. The correct tools are C spanners with pegs or peg spanners! (I still use my screwdrivers but shusshhh!!)

Also, you may need a big spanner to hold the sleeve on the shock absorber. I've got one that came with the conversion kit - pressed steel about 100mm long with big open ended spanner. 

Remember to jack up the car and take the load off the spring.

Ian

David,

Please do not just go changing the ride heights willy nilly, you have to keep the relationship between the front and rear ride heights, the rake, at all times, and the car has to be ballasted to its normal running configuration ( one or two passengers half a tank of fuel, etc.)   Rather than try doing it yourself and potentially ruining the set up, take it to one of the well known and respected individuals a or Companies, who have the appropriate equipment and skills to do a complete set up, ride heights, camber, toe, corner weights, bump steer.  

Also if the car bottoms out on compression, put stiffer front springs in, say 250lbs.

Alan