Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series COMPLETE Dry Sump System - Exchange Package Offer

revilla

A friend of mine in Germany is offering what sounds to me like an unbelievable opportunity to get hold of a complete K Series dry sump system.

A bit of background, Ralf Angetter (email info@automobil-manufaktur.com, website https://automobil-manufaktur.com, sales https://automobil-specials.com) has a business in Germany, restoring/refurbishing Caterhams (and others) to a very high standard and in many case converts them to Left Hand Drive for the German market. He often upgrades smaller capacity engines to 1.8s (usually VVCs). I've been building some engines for Ralf for a while, some of my engines appear in the pictures on those sites. Other than that, I have no direct involvement in this matter and stand to make nothing out of it, I just agreed to advertise it on here. Anyone interested should contact Ralf directly on the email address above.

When converting K Series cars to Left Hand Drive, the steering column moves to the left side of the engine, and the alternator is moved to the right hand side. This makes fitment of dry sump systems and some exhaust systems difficult, so sometimes a car comes in for conversion with a dry sump system or exhaust system which he is unable to make use of.

He is currently offering this package: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1comceWjbozuwUkQADow72cqLtU9NmZJ4/view?usp=sharing as an exchange:

As I understand it, in a nutshell he is offering (but refer to the PDF above, this is just my interpretation):

• A complete K Series 1.4 engine with dry sump system. Everything is included. You get the engine, electrics, wiring loom, even an almost new clutch.
  • Complete dry sump system (attached to the engine). Dry sump pan, bell tank, purple pump, all pipes and fittings, even the correct clutch fork.

An in exchange he wants (straight swap, no additional cash if you can supply the following):

• Standard wet sump bellhousing (removed from your car when upgrading).
  • Standard clutch fork, oil pickup pipe and bellhousing (removed from your car when upgrading).
  • Apollo tank system in good condition.

Plus the following NEW (or as-new):

• Wet sum pan.
  • Release bearing.
  • Spigot bearing.
  • Sump gasket.
  • Foam baffle.
  • Right hand, LHD engine mount.

I know brand wet sump pans new are hen's teeth. He's said he will take £400.00 cash in lieu of a new sump pan. The other parts are cheap and easy to get hold of (through Redline?). He would probably take cash alternatives for these bits too.

Even if you had to buy all of the "new" bits specified, this sounds too good to be true for a complete dry sump system. You get an engine too - if that's no use to you then it's yours to do what you want with, you could get a reasonable amount of money selling it on.

I know Ralf has lorry loads of parts and cars going between himself and the UK fairly frequently, so transport of the parts shouldn't be an issue. He's a "good bloke", never had any issues dealing with him, he'll keep his side of any bargain.

As I say, nothing to do with me other than offering to put it up for sale on here for him, I'm not a middle-man, contact Ralf directly to discuss if you're interested. I've pretty much mentioned all I know, if you have any other questions you need to ask Ralf.

Hope somebody finds this interesting *smile*