Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wanted. 280mm steering wheel

wiltsathome

I prefer a bigger wheel - I find the 260 jarring on my wrists (perhaps I should raise the rack to sort out bump steer!). However, at 6'1" in an S3 there wasn't much knee to wheel clearance so endured the 260. That was until I fitted a lowered floor which made the whole footwell more spacious so back with a 280.

My old 7 had a 280 wheel and was great for road miles, the 260 makes the car feel less delicate. I had a Motolita wheel off an old race car that I had lying around but at 310mm it is a tad too big but the car felt great, more like my Elan, so the 280 seems the place to be. Additionally the round section and leather quality of the Motolita felt significantly better than the lumpy profile of the Momo so that will figure in what I eventually get

• Leadership Team

A couple of months ago I decided a clearout of my workshop was in order and in doing so discovered I currently have 3 Momo wheels ... 260mm, 280mm & 290mm! I've swapped them around to see which I prefer the most and on the road it's definitely the 280mm, it just makes the car feel lighter and easier particularly at slower speeds, parking etc.

This probably isn't helping you source a wheel Tony!

Stu.