Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Bike Speedo - Panoram

KGD

Does anybody have a Topeak Panoram bike speedo fitted in their se7en. I just want to check it has a high enought top speed before i shell out for one.

Impressed with it *thumbup* *thumbdown*?

thanks

Hi I have one fitted... not maxed it out yet... it has recorded over 110mph (on private road obviously!) and is easy to use.

The only drawback is the very this wire used which is difficult to solder and I also think the sensor is not as robust as a Sigma - I have broken one so far...

Looks cool though!

Phil Waters

You mean you can drive these?

I thought it was just there to polish 😬

Got one of these on the bike - bought a second mount for the car - but extending the wire caused it a problem - it didn't work!

Only reason I bought it was because it was back-lit - a requirement for road use - except the backlight only stays on for a few seconds - grrrrrrr!

Not yet got round to curing the non-workie on car problem.

Bri

• Leadership Team

My Sigma (and all Sigmas I think) is good for 183 mph - now that's an incentive *eek*

It's not failed (unit, cables or magnet) in 3 years of use - but I do like the sound of a back-lit one *thumbup*

Sigma tends to be one of the best respected units in the cycling world.

Stu.

Yeah, i was going to get a sigma, but i liked the mini Stack-dash style look of the panoram *wink*

If you put 360 magnets on the wheel or divided the circumference by 360, would it be reading revs? *confused* then you could set the second bike setting to read revs. I'll get my coat.

cheers,

K

I think you'd have to calculate your gearing (c/w diff ratio) and then it would only be correct in one gear (say 4th or 6th which are 1:1).

Could you take a second reading from the crank pulley or other engine pulleys which will always turn at engine revs.