Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Chassis anchor points for Hans harness fit

Lew

Hello, 

Does anybody have some pictures of modified anchor points for a Harness to be correctly used with a Hans device ? 

I know only Arch does this but given that I live in Belgium and that I won't officially race my car I am considering having the job done by a local workshop. 

Many thanks,

I'll take a couple of pictures of mine tomorrow and post them.  You can always check the angles of the straps yourself to ensure they fit within the required specs. 

If you have an opportunity to test one out before you commit I'd suggest doing so.  I had mine modified by Arch when I had the chassis repaired but found that I'm not HANS shaped.  It was so painful when I did the straps up I wouldn't manage a lap. 

Thanks Gary. 

Actually I want the picture of the boss in the chassis to deduce how Arch is putting them in, is it cutting + welding, drilling putting the boss + welding... 

It is all about your own "dimensions" (height, shoulder width etc.in the car) and the relationship with the existing seat belt mounting points.  The attached document describes how you can make an assessment to determine if the chassis needs modifying.  Bruce Robinson at Arch is very approachable to advise you. Tel: +44 1480 459661

seat-belt-fitting-information-2012.pdf