Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wanted: now sorted thank you. 620s exhaust with catalytic converter

KelvinH

I bought my 2017 620s with a custom exhaust which i found out at its 1st MOT did not have a catalyst!

System is standard from the engine into the collector, box but is then in 1 piece all the way through to the custom track day rear box.

Need an exhaust with Cat converter to get through the MOT. Would consider just the side pipe as a temporary fix.

Help appreciated

I think you will be looking at a buying a new one £££££  ,I  dont think ive ever seen one up for sale since i purchased my car in 2014 

You might be able to use the separate Cat and Side pipe arrangement that was the original 620R spec for a couple of months before the rear exit pipe was finalised and launched .Trouble is Caterham PXed the separate catalysts originally supplied  for the new side exit inc catalyst  and the rear box .The best owners like me were left with was the side exit silencer on its own as spare- no cat  . I sold mine to an R400 owner .

Have you tried a different MOT station - just saying ......

Thanks for the advice. Local Caterham dealer is getting back to me tomorrow.

Not had a lot of luck with this as it failed the MOT on March 1st at a local station, so booked it in at main dealer who could not fit it in for 3 weeks. Day after it went in they closed for Covid. When they re-openned they had to wait for Caterham to open for ECU info as they changed the Lambda sensor and now they have identified the car has no cat!