Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bike speedo,s?

S4 SuZI

After years of abuse my 7 seems to have a very inacurate speedometer. which is the best (easy to fit for a complete novice with spanners)bike speedo 🤔, and are they anymore acurate than what i have already 🤔.

Easy to fit. Pretty accurate - definitely better than standard speedo. Cheap - mine was £6. Highly recommended.

If I was buying another I would splash out and get a more expensive one as I understand you can get one with a back light - very useful.

Paul R.

C7PPR

K series that starts when hot!!

After several years of having a bike speedo and normal speedo I finally took the speedo cable / drive

off and made a blanking plate to mount the bike speedo in the dash hole.

I followed Jason and choose the Sigma 1200 as you can reset the ODO when / if the batt runs out.

you can have ODO showing all the time for the MOT man to read off and write down.

Not sure what Mr insurance man would make of it if on a low miler policy as you can reset.

I had a light arrangement but have not put it back in place after moving the location to the speedo spot.

My racing pics, 7 DIY, race prep. Updated often here

Photo's of the year here

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

I have just fitted a BC1400, very easy, took longer for the araldite to secure the magnet to the wheel than to complete the installation. In terms of mounting, I removed the Windscreen Washer switch, the BC1400 fits into the hole after filing a little bit off the mounting bracket. It is nicely in the line of sight and easy to read. One point to be aware of is that there is a little bit of a lag in showing the correct reading (I assume it has built in damping so that you get a steady reading) but it does seem to be very accurate.

I set the pickup in a bit of pipe lagging cable tied to the wingstay.

All in all very easy and a good solution.

Graham.

R7 GPK