Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Changing harnesses

Larkingabout

From a relative mechanical numpty, is it possible to swap over the standard 4 point harness offering from Caterham for a new 4 point without removing the seat. I have the standard leather offering and they slide forward a long way and I can see the rear bolts. Just hope my arms are long enough!! IThe only reason I ask is that it would appear from posts on other threads that the seats can be a none too easy task to remove. TIA

I removed my driver seat last weekend. Also a relative mecha-numpty, so it can be done. 

The seats, as GJT says, are pretty easy to remove with those 6 button head bolts. 
this will take them off the runners. 

If you need to remove the runners that is harder. Socket wrench under the car, and the head of an open spanner on the hex bolt top, as nothing else will really hold the bolt which is recessed inside the runner. 
I thought this bit would be a massive PITA as I thought my bolts had been bent from a few under-car impacts. However the bolts were just knocked a bit sideways from the impacts, and the nuts came out relatively easily despite lots of crap on the threads. 

Good luck!