Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tillet Seat Adjustable Runners

Downlands

Hi

I've just removed my Tillet seats to give the runners a clean as they were seized solid.

Just wondered what people are using to lubricate the runners? Wasn't sure I wanted to use grease as this might attract all the grit that inevitably ends up under the seat and I'll be back to square one again.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Tim

• Area Representative

A trick I've found from Trish's SLR is to fit the height spacers between the floor and runner (assuming you use spacers) and this gap keeps the runners away from the crap on the floor pan.  The seats run freely in her car and have never been clogged up.

Thanks all for the comments.

I'm going to give the silicon spray a go. Fortunately, whoever had the car before me had the foresight to install captive nuts on the runners so removing the seats if I need to try another type of lubrication, is straightforward.

My car had spacers between floor and runner which I hadn't realised were there. There were the same height on all four corners so while the seats are out, I've ordered some more to place at the front so that I can get the seat to angle back a little further.