Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ALLOY BRACKET-K Series Block

A7 OOH

Can anyone advise if the large alloy bracket on the front of the block (see plastic cam belt cover) serves any purpose, if not can it be removed and a blanking plate fitted ????

Doing a Cam Belt change and it could be the ideal time to get rid of it.

Yes, just unbolt and throw away (or preferably save it to throw in the aluminium pile at the skip).  If you google DVA power I'm sure Oily's site will be well up on the first page.  Last time I looked he kindly had a very well written and informative page for lots of the most common K-series jobs.

I kept my ally mount, when I made a cover for the hole, as its the means of bolting the engine to the caterham cradle it was supplied on.

Useful if taking your engine to a builder to have work done, as easier to carry it and stops it rolling around the boot of the car!

Thanks checked out DVA Power but unable to find details - however I do take note of ALL the advice Oily posts on this site. Not to worry I will remove and make up a cover plate- I will hold onto bracket for possible future use?

• Leadership Team

I just took the two halves of the front cover and trimmed a piece of flat ally to fit in the hole, then riveted it in place. I seem to recall Dave's version has a tab at the lower edge but whatever fills the hole will be fine, 

Stu.