Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

air filters on VXi

StephaneM

Hello,

I own (from yesterday) an HPC Caterham wich is called VXi I think in GB. I had spare parts with it (it was a racing car) including a new bonnet wich is a VX one, with holes for carbs air filter. Is there a kind of air filter to use on my VXi wich fit the hole, like JPE ones?

Thanks in advance.

Stéphane in France

If it is a VXi then you shouldn't have a bonnet cutout - all the injection set-up fits under the bonnet without the need for a hole. I can't imagine how you could have a side filter with a single pull injection system? It looks like you've got a spare VX carb or X-flow bonnet.

I have a PiperX cone filter for a VXi injection if you're interested. (Was this standard fitment?)

Stephane

To use the other bonnet you would need to change to carbs or throttle-bodies to get the JPE look. The standard system uses a Rover air filter housing fixed in front of the heater and breathing through a small hole down to the tunnel above the gearbox. If you are interested I also have a Ram-Air filter and pipe that was fitted to a VXi. When used with a Programmable chip( also available ) and a performance exhaust( not available ) I got a 15% increase in power and torque. The chip is already mapped for a Vx powered Caterham so would not need setting up. If interested e-mail me.

Regards

Nick