Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rev limit on 210hp Duratec

Richard_420R

Hi,

I keep hitting the limiter as I'm expecting it to rev out to 7600-7800 but seems to cut at something like 7300 in second,  it's a 2019 420R and weirdly it seems to get to more like 7500 in third so was thinking it might be damping of the needle making it lag.  However the cut off is pretty quick after the shift light (I have the single red one currently) comes on.  I was thinking of asking Oakmere to check the ECU next time I'm there ... have people seen them set up with a lower limit or is this likely just damping or inaccurate dial?

Rich.

Could be damping in the tacho, the only easy way to confirm is to use Easimap to log the engine revs and view the limiter soft and hard cut settings - soft cut is where a random cut is induced to avoid unbalancing the car, hard cut is where all ignition and fuel is cut.

Also, if you have the ACES change-up light system, the control box under the dash should display the max revs reached: https://www.aceserve.co.uk/new04/userguidess.html

I think it was more like 6800 for the first red light by default on my R400 with ACES system, but it is all fully programmable, The start of the first amber LED RPM can be set (Ist Up RPM), followed by the RPM for the last red LED (Shift Up RPM), the other amber and red LEDs are spaced equally in between. The green LED RPM can also be set (Shift Down RPM). You can also select whether all the LEDs flash at the Shift Up RPM. All the instructions are in the link in my post #2, assuming you have the ACES system.