Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wanted Sierra Diff wanted

keith.rose1

I've got a spare completely unused Ford 3.62 available, still boxed. Not one of Caterhams recon. units, but a brand new Ford one supplied with my old CSR in 2005, but I used a 3.38 instead and have never done anything with this one, and unlikely to now, sadly.

Price?  I don't really know the value of these, but does £750 sound too much?  They must be like rocking horse sh*t by now?

BM me for any further info I can supply if interested.

Paul.

Thanks Paul, but my budget only runs to a second-hand one  - I should have made that clear!

However interested that you run with a 3.38 - I am not sure whether to go that high, or just the 3.62. I have a 2.0 Zetec so plenty of low down torque, so I think it would take it without compromising acceleration too much, but allowing more relaxed 70mph cruising. What is your experience?

Thanks again, Keith

Hi Keith, I hope you received my PM, but for anyone else interested in final drive ratios, I would comment that i had the 3.38 mated to a 2.3 260 bhp Cosworth Duratec on my CSR.   I think for anything with less HP and torque it would be too long.  The 3.62  would be perfect with the 6 speed box, and would certainly work with a 5 speed, especially if it had modified ratios for 1st and 2nd gears.