Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

speedo cable problems

hugh

does any one have a method of putting the 90 degree cable drive back in gearbox with out pulling the gearbox/ engine out ( the circlip sprung off) i,m not taking the engine out again the car has only done 800miles and the engines been out twice, broken oilpump/camshaft first time and a cracked bellhousing second time (only registered in 2001) i,d appreciate any advice thanks pi~~#~d off hugh *mad*

hugh

If it's a 5 speeder then it is possible to do it in situ.

If 6 speeder then I do not know.

Iwas running the speedo and a bike computer.

I junked the whole speedo, cable and 90 deg thingy in favour of a sigma 1200 bike computer.

More accurate, odo is resetable and ok for MOT and saves precious weight.

I made up a round plate in ali that the Sigma sits on in the dial hole and it looks neat.

I have been running a micro dash lamp for night illumination but have no fitted that again yet.

My racing pics, 7 DIY, race prep. Updated often here

Photo's of the year here

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

Hugh, it is possible on both the five a six speed. You need a good pair of circlip pliers and access to the bottom of the gearbox.

Put the tophat in then the circlip, insert the short flexible drive cable then the difficult bit add the angled drive the flexible wire has to bend slightly but not that much after a bit of fiddling the unit slips on.

Andy