Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Vewy pwoud of myself

ewenm

I've done my first bit of proper 7 maintenance today

Now, don't laugh coz I am very mechanically inept, but I managed to change a headlamp bulb today without breaking anything at all *thumbup*

Tomorrow it'll be moving up to drilling holes in my numberplate and mounting frame to bolt the rear plate on as the glue has failed again *thumbdown*

Bit apprehensive but will carry on bravely *confused*

Ewen (with big *cool* *smile*)

P979TMV - As seen on current Caterham advert, back of LF

You could use double-sided sticky tape. I did, and if I ever need to remove the front plate I'll more likely take the nosecone off with it.... 😳

See, no matter how inept you think you are there's always someone more stupid than you somewhere.... *confused* 😬

Win H Carots

The foamy double-sided stuff I've been using is what keeps failing and losing the plate. Going to use plastic nut and bolt like the front plate

It's all Blue Peter really, just need to find somewhere to use all the toilet roll inners and empty pop bottles I've saved up, along with a bit of sticky backed plastic *smile*

Has anyone ever actually seen, or been in possession of, sticky-backed plastic? *confused* 🤔 Where do you get it from 🤔

Hope the number-plate-hole-drilling-and-mounting experiment went well ewen. Tomorrow, try checking your engine oil level and tyre pressures...... *thumbup* 😳

Win H Carots

Managed to remount the numberplate *thumbup* *thumbup* Still need to replace the wing *thumbdown* *thumbdown* but not urgent. Tend to check oil, coolant, screen wash, type pressures etc fairly often

I seem to remember sticky backed plastic was available from WHSmiths... 🤔 *confused*

Remapping the ECU - tricky with the standard rover one *confused* Given that I spend most of my days doing coding, it could be fun

The sticky-backed plastic in Smiths was purely a dream, something to be looked at, possibly touched, but never bought! *wink*

Would I be correct in deducing that your car is yellow then?

Caterham's portfolio is still available from Caterham's website, if you click on the brochures link on the left hand column within the showroom page.

Despite ending the opening couple of paragraphs with...

I hope you enjoy this collector’s edition and look forward to future issues.

... i've not yet seen a second issue.

Peardrop