Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting adj. platforms to Bilstiens - which groove?

PAUL MARRIOTT

Got round to fitting the adj. platforms at last. The bottom groove seems to be the place for the circlip and Black collar (both front and back), is that right or can you tell me different?

Oh yes, they are going onto Bilstens on a 2000 Roadsport, dedion obviously, with standard springs on rear and 220lb linear springs (courtesy of Mr. May) on the front.

Thanks

Paul M.

the groove to use depends on the length of the springs you are using and the desired ride height / preload you are willing to run .

I would put the top collar and spring on the damper , then measure the distance from the collar to the bottom of your spring . Then you are looking to have the bottom spring seat sitting midway on the threads of the sleeve at the base of the spring .

So then feed the collar over the damper body and determine which grove gives you the closest to midway adjustment on the threaded sleeve with minimal pre load on the spring .

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I'm looking for horizontal front bottom wishbones and the rear 12MM higher, as per previous threads.

To obtain minimum preload and mid way adjustment both front and rear will be on the bottom groove.

Guess the best way is to assemble, adjust and if it ain't right do it again.

Regards

Paul M.