Click here if you are having website access problems ×

PBC, IVA & registration

Simon Horne

Evening all,

The build is almost complete and looking through the paperwork it has raised  a couple of questions which hopefully someone will be able to help with.

Leven cars in Edinburgh will be picking the car up for it's Post Build Check. Does anyone have a list of what the PBC includes. Mainly wondering if they set the lights and suspension correctly.

Leven will be presenting the car for it's IVA at Livingston on 16th October. Is there any paperwork which needs to go with the car to the IVA?

Assuming all goes well with the IVA I've been looking at the paperwork which I will need to submit to get the car registered. Although the instructions from Caterham suggest the V55/4 has been completed only boxes 2-10, 18 and 30-33 have been pre filled in. Is this all that needs to be completed other than my personal details.

Thanks in advance,

Simon

There is a check list used for the PBC, I don't have a blank copy, only the result of someone else's PBC, so its not mine to forward onto you.   I can confirm there was no headlight alignment done if the PBC was done by CC South (circa Jan 2017) because they didn't have the machine then.  It wasn't a problem for the IVA because there was plenty of time given for me to adjust them during the test (I presented the car myself).   I did however pay for a flat floor setup by CC, so my suspension and tracking was adjusted as part of that at extra cost to the PBC.

I can't remember needing any paperwork at the IVA, although I had everything with me, the examiner said all the paperwork was on the system, all he checked was the VIN and engine number. 

Sorry, can't remember the rest of the forms :-(  

Just to wish you good luck with the build completion and IVA. I have been watching the build with interest on your instagram feed - great progress!

I'm just along the road in Angus and hoping to pick up a 360R later this week - plan is to keep it for 6 months or so then order my own kit once I have lived with the spec for a while. 

David.