Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series EU2 Air Temp Sensor Thread Size

revilla

Does anyone have access to an EU2 air temperature sensor and can measure the thread size for me please? It's the green sensor that screws into a plastic insert in No 4 inlet runner that I'm after. I need to buy a plug to bung the hole when using an EU2 manifold on an EU3 engine. I thought it was M12x1.5 like the water temperature sensor but it's smaller, I think M10x something.

16937-Large_0.jpg.c5321bb1f501dd6fb74b977dc6b4f8c5.jpg

Thanks,

Andrew

And I've double checked with the sensor I have: It fits in an M10x1.25 nut.

I do admit that it seems unusual on a K-engine having anything M10x1.25. For sensors I'd expect M10x1 or M12x1.5 for anything Rover-ish.

But... as we know the oil filter bracket has been re-cut to 1/8" NPT for the oil pressure hose when fitting a remote oil pressure sensor and the water rail is yet another story... (and my own even more so having a thread for the external water pump thermostat...)

Ah I see, I was wondering if something more interesting. Ive thought about moving the Air Temperature sender somewhere a) away from engine heat soak, and b) somewhere more representative of ambient air temperature.  But its one of things I've not done, and beside, the evidence from others who have experimented, is that it has minimal effect on the running of the engine