Click here if you are having website access problems ×

suddenly....overheating K

Steve-B

i recently added an emerald to our VHPD K. had a known good map from V7 that I used. works a treat. after i installed i thought i'd go out for a blat, and whilst idling the engine went to 100 C. panic call to V7, he reminded me that the emerald isn't connected to the temp sensor, to add a wire or hot wire the fan ON to cool engine. there was a fair amount of boil over on the floor in the front garden. i removed the NC and added proper coolant to the clear tank in top to the line.

went out sunday with her indoors for a short blat. temp with heater on would go to 95 C. push heater stalk back in, temp would drop to 80ish C but i can smell that "radiator smell". what is so weird is that with the car idling it's about 85C, a tiny amount high from previous readings w/o emerald. but it heats back up to 95C with the heater open/on.

so do i have an air pocket in my system? if so, i've read some of the other TF posts that indicate to raise car, and bleed from screw on radiator. or have i fried the thermostat?

i have stands that i can get the car up about 24ish inches. is that high enough to force the air to the top?

so i just open the bleed hole and let air out after the engine warm up and top up the overflow tank when it swallows fluid?

thanks for your help,

Steve

210Bhp SV-VHPD *thumbup* click here to see our pictures....

going slightly senile with many suggestions, turned out to be YetAnotherPoxyK-Series-Thermostat failure today.

now to go and find a rottweiler to maul the person that designed the gizmo to hook the radiator pipes together on the engine.

Steve

210Bhp SV-VHPD *thumbup* click here to see our pictures....