Click here if you are having website access problems ×

tyre photograph wanted

wonkey eyed barmaid

anyone got a clear picture of a Bridgestone RE720 tyre?. (pref in 185/70/13).

with the handling on my car sorted now, the michelins are providing surprising amounts of grip in the dry, with rear end breakaway still occuring at sensible enough speeds for my experience level...

Im not totally convinced now that I need Yoko AO21's *eek*

RE720's appear to be the tyre of choice for list 1a users, so I presume they are fine for fast road use as well...?

cheers.

mail@erskine673.freeserve.co.uk *thumbup*

yup, thank you. *thumbup*

they look better than expected. so wheres the best place to buy them (mail order)?

is there a 'Polleys' type place for Bridestones (ie, unbeatable on price *tongue* )

so far ive got: top gear tyres @ £36ea, but thats too close to the £40 polleys quote for A021's for my liking.

anyone got opinions on;

Goodyear GT2

Falken FK07U

Falken SN816

Avon CR322

Do RE720's come in 185/70/13? - I thought they were only available in 60 profile. Which is why i've now got them sitting in the garage as my track tyres. The change in profile makes a bigger difference than I thought - I couldn't get my car off the drive without scraping the sump ☹️

Unfortunately I haven't got adjustable platforms.

Bring on April 18th when I get to give them some grief round Anglesey. *wink*

Neill

bollox! RE720's do not come in 185/70/13 according to bridgestone website (thanks mav).

which is a shame, cos they are one of the only 185/X/13 tyres I can find with a sports orientated tread design...

upon further investigation, the previously mentioned;

Falken FK07U & SN816

Goodyear GT2

Dunlop SP10

Pirelli P2000 & P3000

Avon CR322

all look 🙆🏻

I have found though;

Goodyear Eagle Ventura - good looking design, very much like Avon ZZ3. chunky V shaped blocks down the middle of the tread... worth considering.

anyone have any experience of Eagle Venturas? (caterham or otherwise).

Edited by - granteuk on 13 Mar 2003 23:21:58

I have lots of experience with Venturas .I run them on my tintops and seven, and have done so for several hundred thousand miles. I am on my seventh set. On my tin top they last 50000 miles. The ventura is not really any good for dry weather as the rubber is slightly too hard and they are of a round shouldered design. When its hooning down with rain I have a spare set for my seven where they really come into there own and are vastly better than the normal 1a tyres (but only in when its very wet as the design seems to be optimised for wet weather only ). I rarely use mine on the seven as is is rarely wet enough. For normal day to day on a seven you would do better with the Bridgestones or the Yoko 539. Or if you don't have to use 1a tyres then Yoko 21rs which are better still.

Edited by - Graham Perry on 14 Mar 2003 08:06:06

thanks for the comments/suggestions folks.

after spending mucho time last night shopping around for alternatives to Yoko 21, it appears that there really aren't any. any 185/70/13 tyre available with a sporting tread design offers so little saving on £ per tyre it hardly seems worth it. Yoko A306 being second choice, but @ £35, and A021's being £40, the £20 difference in a set of 4 seems futile.

I was beginning to think i didn't 'need' the extra performance and grip of the AO21R's - not this year anyway - (given the complete turnaround in my cars handing since the recent suspension revisions) - best to keep breakaway speeds low and progressive while im still learning I reckon...

but given the price of all the competitors, it seems I cant go wrong with Yoko A021R's. If i was willing to change to a 185/60/13 I would happily settle for Yoko A539 or Bridgestone RE720, but they are not available in a 70... ho hum.

did anyone check out these excellent looking Hankooks:

http://www.hanta.co.kr/hantax/english/tire_product/tire/pcr/z2000s.htm

be interesting to know the price...

cheers.