Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wiring connections on Emerald ECU

Grim Reaper

I have some questions on the wiring necessary for the Emerald ECU...

1) If running with Throttle bodies,do I need the wiring for the IACV? or can I take them out of the loom? (pins 2,3,22 & 27)

2) I have a wire connected to pin 6 on the ECU (Blue/Grey)which goes to the Loom connector,and a wire on pin 10 (White/Yellow) which goes to a 2 pin connector..the pin out details in the Emerald book do not say what that is for.The 2 pin connector also has a 12v feed on it.

3) Pin 12 on the ECU should be for a Tacho output signal,but I have no wire from pin 12 on the engine loom?

4) The Emerald ECU is supposed to have 2 outputs able to control relays to use when oil and water temperature thresholds are reached...which pins do these drivers appear on?

5) What the **** is a purge valve?? (pin 21) can I get rid of these wires too?

6) Since I am not using the Rover immobiliser can I remove pin 13 wiring as well?

I have added pin 1 for second coil and pin 19 for shift light.

With all these unneccesary wires gone and the crimped and taped connections soldered and covered properly,the loom should be quite a bit more streamlined than it was.

Any idea where to get more blanking plugs for the ECU connector from? I would use silicone but that is a little too permanent for my liking.

Thanking you in advance...

Added some colours for the extra wires..

Edited by - Grim Reaper on 13 Mar 2003 16:47:36

Quite a lot of specific questions... I don't have my Emerald manual with me. If you're local to Worcs then you're welcome to pop round and I can explain what I know about this as I've already rationalised my wiring loom quite extensively. Otherwise give me a call this evening (after 7) and I should be home. I'll go and get my Emerald manual and we can have a discussion about it. My phone number's in the AO's page.

Nig.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Nig,

Sorry,not local to Worcs,North Yorkshire would have been closer..

If I can,I'll give you a call tonight.(I'm on call so have no idea where I may be at any time)

My paper copy of the manual that came with the ECU is at a Rolling road owners premises (he may be giving me free time on the rollers so thought he should have some idea of what he's dealing with) so I am using the online manual doc in the interim.

Does anybody know what a purge valve is?? *confused*

Thanks folks,looks like Emerald should have another pin-out list for the more recent models on their website...

I have now removed all the unneccessary wires,just need to rewrap the loom and fill those holes with something.

Quite a lot of unused wires in there,some just go a foot into the wrapping and stop *confused*

One of the wires (the fuel pump feed) went halfway up the loom then was jointed in a crimp,returned past where it came in and off to another connector, really bizarre!

I think that by taking these out it will be easier to fault come the day.

I'll have to draw a concise wiring diagram and get it laminated so I can leave it in the car somewhere just in case I need it by the side of the road one day.