Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fuse box cover advice request

Tony Leigh

Hi, 

I am hoping someone can help with fuse box cover fitting. I am nearing the end of my 420R build and have relied so far on old and new user guides, Derek, and the many very useful build blogs but can’t quite work out best way to fit the fuse box cover.

I plan to use Velcro on end closest to fuses and just wedge the other end underneath the dashboard. It all seems a bit Heath Robinson and to get end to wedge under dash I am pretty sure I will need to trim several mm of metal off from this end. There is a bit of a cutout on this end which I can’t see any reason for and the new guide shows what I believe to be sticky foam applied to it - I can barely wedge the thin metal of the cover between bottom of dash and supporting tube so putting any foam there is not going to work.

I’m sure Derek will respond in the morning, but I only have a week to finish build before car is off for PBC at Crawley so any advice from those of you not out enjoying summer sun would be much appreciated.

Tony

Hi Tony,

My factory built car has the cover, yes its velcro onto bulk head and rests inside the edge of the dash panel.

As it used to rattle a bit i put a short 3 inch piece of the same rubber they use on fog lights and wings to insulate it from the dash, so its held firmly.

I can email a few pics if you need.

Doesn't look like the panel was trimmed after paint.

Cheers julian

PM me your email for pics