Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting auxiliary 12v power socket. 2015 Roadsport.

intermanxnorton

Can anyone advise where to site a 28mm auxiliary power socket ? I’m reluctant to start drilling my dash in case I haven’t left enough clearance to squeeze in a hole of this diameter. It is a normal cig. lighter socket. Someone said to drill this hole in the bulkhead close to where the air box is under the bonnet. Any advice would be useful. Thanks

I've got one at each end of the scuttle, fairly low down - just above the right knee on the driver's side and in the corresponding position on the passenger side (had to fit the one on the driver's side after I realised I couldn't reach the other one when belted in ... D'oh! ).

Adam

Mine was fitted passenger side scuttle. It’s tucked away out of sight, and good position for wore to Sat Nav or charging a phone tucked into a Softbits tunnel bag.

I would think other places would be the knee panel (plenty of room behind those) or I have see them fitted on rear bulkhead between seats. When ch is Wher I have a net for storage of bits and bobs on occasion

Mine is  wired direct to battery with fuse, so does not turn off on cutoff switch.