Jackwebb motorsport big brakes

K7 VCT

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Area Representative

7 Wonders of th... ,

I actually run 1144s all around with APs on the front and standard rears, and am quite happy with my stopping power. However, I've been running dual master cylinders and a bias bar for about ten years now. When I originally carried out the modification I was looking to use the rears more, but was actually quite surprised how far I could wind the bias backwards. As I've changed tyre type and size I've always had to twerk the bias to optimise the stopping power. (Which is why I can see that what works on one car will not necessarily work on another if it's dynamics and use are different)

I've not tried DS1.1s, but have read elsewhere about them being little grabby. I know of several how have moved away from Pagid pads that boast "good initial bite". I think that could also state "easy to lock up when you don't want to!"

I like that 1144's are quite progressive.

You can have the Hi-Spec 4 pot calipers for solid rotors or for vented rotors, i think they just as a spacer. The best balance i achieved is with a std master cyl and Hi-Spec 4 pots front ( vented rotor ) and 2 pots rear all on the same pad size. that was on a par with front Alcon calipers and 9" drum brakes on a pedal box set up.