Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rover Technical Support - Phone No

Andy Best

I need some help re the immobiliser element of the ECU, granted that this may be a closely guarded secret but I need to understand what I have to ask a Rover dealer to do reset the MEMS to the 5AS. Does anyone have the phone number 🤔

Local dealers seem to have a complete lack of interest/knowledge when I make enquries *mad*.

Andy

Andy,

My suggestion would be to give PTP a ring. Not only are they Rover's distributor of powertrain, they are also part of Trinity Motors group, Rover and Land Rover Dealers.

Ask for Neil Butler their chief engineer.

Phone number is 01455 622229

Tom

When I ran into this problem 2 years ago (i was using an MGF trophy EU3 ECU which made things really difficult as the car was in the showroom but the dealers didn't have the software to set it up) I took the ECU and 5AS to Trinity motors (PTPs showroom). Their technicians tried really hard to get it to work but ultimately couldn't due to the lack of software. In the end I took the parts to Longbridge and we set them up in an MGF developement car in the back car park! All the software is in the system now so you could post the parts to Trinity motors in Hinckley.

By the way Andy, I haven't stripped my engine yet but will be doing so soon. I'll be in touch.

Bob

Thanks for the info,

Bob, no rush on my part no more upgrades planned before next winter, guess you're a bit busy at present.

Tom spent the last few days looking at the head you supplied via Stuart *cool* can't wait to collect all the extra little bits to turn it into a monster.

Andy

Edited by - Andy Best on 11 Mar 2003 13:48:43