Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Immaculate limited edition Caterham Seven Supersprint S3, with only 132 miles

Gavel

• Area Representative

Nothing to do with me. I bought a car from a private owner who kept it in storage at Hampshire Classics and they told me about this Supersprint at the time. It is from a deceased estate. I know nothing more than that.

https://www.hampshireclassicsltd.co.uk/inventory/2018-caterham-seven-supersprint-s3-special-edition-with-full-polished-windscreen-with-mohair-hood-and-side-screens/

It’s a pretty thing and I saw them when shown at Goodwood and were selling fast.

I thought they were expensive or what they were, but my friend who works in fashion wasn’t concerned by price, wasn’t interested that a standard sprint was way cheaper, but more by the ‘limited edition’ factor. Sounds like good marketing by Caterham.

Here on blatchat we are preaching to the converted, many like tinkering and in my own case I went for a retro look, including getting my stanchions and frame metal polished and adding chrome wipers and vintage ‘bits’... many people don’t have either the knowledge, vision, time, to do this to a used car but do have a chequebook. Also many people want turnkey new reliability. 

I feel strong prices for Supersprints mean strong prices throughout the second hand market.

As I say, pretty thing, nicely styled by Caterham, and fun, which is what ownership is all about.