Click here if you are having website access problems ×

310R value query

James2

Hi all. Wondering what the consensus is for a sensible (approx) expectation of a private sale value for my 3 year old 310R in Ford Ultimate Green, 5k miles. Lovely condition, beautifully built by Dan Piper of Caterham Cars for his own use, and I bought it off him just over a year ago. Reason for asking is that I’m wondering whether to part ex it when my new one is delivered imminently, or whether it’s worth the extra work of selling privately. Don’t seem to have been many 310R’s privately sold recently so I’m finding it hard to know. Ta!

I wouldn't be afraid of selling privately, why give a dealer, nice as they all are, a cut of the value?  It really isn't too much effort, if you haven't sold a car privately before, just follow a few simple common sense rules.  Basically value your 310 against others on the market , knock a bit off the dealers price because you aren't giving a warranty and get it advertised.  I've found Pistonheads works quite well.  Be warned though that most of the dealers will give you a ring offering to sell it for you or to buy it at a lower price so they can sell on.  Nothing wrong with that, of course, just depends on how you feel about it.