Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Lots of spots, no replies

Anton

Got spotted once after the first 2 months of ownership (and replied) and then never again in the next 3 and a bit years, and have covered 10,000 miles in that time - seen other Sevens in that time, probably 5 or 6 times, but haven't had any replies - perhaps some of them were Westfields.

Interestingly when I was spotted, I had my dad in the car, who was 95 at the time, and must have been the oldest guy to wriggle his backside into a Caterham - getting him out was fun !!! I remember he described the experience as more frightening than flying Hurricanes during the war !!

Hi Jonathan

In 1 - RAF Hethel- RAF 303 hurricane squadron was based there in 1946/7 - and 10 years later ...

I suppose another one is RAF Kenley, which is between Kenley and Caterham was a  hurricane base as well during the Battle of Britain.

A bit tenuous I know - any others ?

I've worked on a Hurricane and have done quite a bit with Sevens (obviously).  Have carried out quite a few repairs on BBMF's aircraft.

Back on the spotted subject, there's a few Sevens out this way but realistically I've always considered the whole 'spotted' thing more for the areas where there're a lot more owners.  

• Area Representative

I haven't been spotted for a few years. 

Overall fewer than half-a-dozen in 20 years and well over 100,000 miles (milometer currently reading at about 124,000 miles, some were the original owner plus some of mine without a device when it was being fixed and some when it wasn't reading correctly)

I have certainly had a couple of spots in the 21, possibly equaling those in the Seven.

Spot GJT or the 21 and I will respond!

ISTR I've been spotted about three times since 2003 over something like 160k miles in two Sevens.

Re Hurricanes - both Biggin Hill and Croydon airport had Hurricane squadrons during the war - but (apart from me and my Sevens living in Croydon) I can't think of a link.........