Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Road Angel - exactly where do you wire it in.

Michael_E

Any sggestions on where to wire it in, I’m asuming the fuse box but any pointers on which contacts?

Also where have people placed them for the best reception? Will it hold with the velcro on the little space next to the windscreen?

Cheers

C7 MLE

The big red one with yellow bits on.

I fitted a twin cigar lighter socket next to the fusebox and was going to wire it directly from the battery with an inline fue right next to the battery (+ve).

However opted for an extra 'auxilliary' 4 way fusebox (wired directly from the battery with larger fuse next to the +ve) so I can add any other bits more easily later if I need to.

The RA simply plugs into the cigar lighter so can be easily removed for safe keeping, and I can plug a battery conditioner into the cigar socket without opening the bonnet *cool*

I'm using it on the passenger seat at the moment but will mount at the front of the tunnel under the dash and use a re-radiating antenna (with receiver in the nose) to keep it more discrete.

I've also got a remote light to fit on the dash that flashes in sequence with the RA display as I find the beep a bit quiet and the disply will not be too visible under the dash.

Ian - MI 5EVN - Slightly Vider 😬