Click here if you are having website access problems ×

mapping: engine not going to idle at operating temp, only when forced

Hanns Per

I have a Duratec 2.3 with SBD TB's and a 4-1 Caterham exhaust + cat in my present installation and face the following problem: When the engine is in operating temp Water 89 oil 85 and I am driving a 3000 rpm or above and then disconnect the clutch for whatever reason the engine gets stuck at approx 2400 rpm.Only when force the engine to reduce the rpm (braking or using the clutch) the engine goes down to the idle speed (1100 rpm) and stays there. What are the parameters I should change to have the engine drop idle speed without force. The ECU is a MBE 9A4 and I fiddle around with easimap but I am no expert. Hence I am looking for advice. Is this a fuel based, temp based or whatever? I changed from the combined Ford airtemp/Baro sensor the the SBD baro sensor and use the ford sensor only for the temparature.

thks for Your help

Hanns Per

Ian not scary I could force the (brake with engaged clutch or apply the clutch when standing). It simply was not satisfying with "idle speed" 2400 RPM. but I could solve the problem I changed the ignition timing  for TPS step 0 i.e. I retarded the ignition: The setting was too much advanced ignition.

Problem solved thks for inputs

Hanns Per